Do you want to be DJ in the Latin Dance Community? Do you want your friends to dance to your awesome collection of music?
Being a DJ is not only about having good music. Having good music is the easy part. What is more important is how you connect to you the house systems. How is your DJ setup and what equipment you need. How you ensure you have the best sound possible during the party. How you transition between songs. How you keep the party going!
This workshop will be led by Juan Ruiz, also known as DJ Super Juan. DJ Super Juan is a prominent figure in the Latin Dance industry, having DJed pretty much in all Latin dance events in Sydney, and national events in Australia. Not to mentions lots of international DJ gigs as well.
Juan has also mentored and trained lots of successful DJs in the Latin Dance community. This is the reason why Juan will be sharing his knowledge now to more people!
The technical areas of the workshop:
• Your DJ equipment
• Going over all technical terms of sound systems
• How to connect to sound systems, and how to setup your software
The musical areas of the workshop:
• Collecting and Selecting music (the focus will be on Salsa and Bachata, with some Kizomba and Zouk)
• Transitions between songs
• Beat matching and live mixing? hmm… when to do it and when not to do it
The ethical areas of the workshop:
• DJs as educators
• Playing for the promoter, for the audience and for yourself
• How to get gigs
• Your fees
The investment for this workshop is $40, for 2 hours of knowledge – BOOK NOW!
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING YOUR EQUIPMENT WITH YOU, as we will go over the set up