Established in 2011, Tropical Soul is the first dedicated Latin dance studio in Darlinghurst. We have also hosted a number of dance groups, photographers, actors and private events.
Our studio is located in the heart of Darlinghurst, on Oxford St, 200m from Hyde Park. Very close and easy to access from the Sydney CBD. We are on the 1st level of 45 Oxford St, between Brisbane St and Pelican St.
Studio hire available using our online form below.
7.2m x 6m
7.2m x 6m
7m x 4.5m
7m x 4.5m
Studio specifications and features
- 2 studios + reception area
- Full studio is 160 m2
- 2 bathrooms
- Air Conditioning in each studio
- Each studio has a 10″ JBL speaker
- Large mirrors
- Open floor area
Our staffed hours of operation are from 1.00pm – 9.30pm, Monday to Friday.
We are also available during the day and on the weekends for private classes and training.
Studio hire is available during as well as outside of staffed hours.
Interested in hiring our studio?
The studio (either Studio 1, Studio 2 or both) is available for hire for anyone who wishes to run rehearsals or private lessons, as long as there is availability.
- Small studio – $25 per hour
- Main studio – $35 per hour
Commercial rates for public group classes, workshops and other purposes:
- Small Studio – $40 per hour
- Main Studio – $60 per hour
Please use our online form to secure your studio booking, after reading the important Terms & Conditions of hire which can be found below the booking form.
ALL studio bookings must be done via our online form below. Please keep in mind the following:
- Online bookings can be done up to 12 hours prior to your preferred time, as we might need to organize entry/exit depending on your time of booking.
- All confirmations will be sent via email. Please check your Junk/Spam Email, as information on how to open/close the studio will provided in the email.
- You can book online up to 4 hours in a row. If you need to book for a longer period, please contact us directly.
- By booking our studio online, you agree to our studio’s general terms & conditions, as well as the specifc terms for studio hire (written below the online form) and the confirmation email.
Studio Hire Terms & Conditions
- All bookings must be paid pior to using the studio.
- You cannot transfer, modify or cancel your booking within 48 hours of your booking.
- For bookings over 4 hours, contact us directly: [email protected] or 0422 875 555.
- Our studio is open to the public from 1.00pm to 9.30pm, Mon-Fri. If you require a booking outside these hours (earliest booking is 9am, latest booking is 10.30pm) and/or on weekends, our studio manager will organize a studio key for you to access the premises.
- As a tenant, you are 100% responsible for leaving the studio the way it was when you entered (clean & tidy). Failure to do so will incur a minimum cleaning fee of $80, depending on how much cleaning is required. If you move any chairs or furniture, please put it back in place before leaving.
- Some larger/longer bookings may require a studio key deposit ($100) and/or bond (100% value of your booking), at the directors’ discretion.
- Commercial Hire rate applies if you want to use the studio for publicly promoted classes. Please contact us directly to schedule these: [email protected]
- We cannot accept bookings for Tap Dancing, Flamenco and Irish Dancing, due to damage caused to the floors and the noise affecting the neighbouring businesses.
- NO BOOKING is allowed after midnight.
- If your booking requires very LOUD non-stop music for the hour (such as some aerobics/Zumba classes), or if you need complete quiteness (yoga & pilates), you may book for both studios at the same time.
- The hire of the FULL studio is available for private events. Contact us directly for a quote.
- We have a 24 hr CCTV system in operation for your safety, which is accessible remotely at any time by the studio staff. Please note that your entry and exit time may be monitored.
- Please check your email inbox, as well as your JUNK/SPAM folder, as important communication regarding your booking may be sent to you via email.